Daily Summary of Experiences in the Cooperating School


Daily Summary of Experiences

 in the Cooperating School
My Daily Time Record for the month of September

My Daily Time Record for the month of October

My Daily Time Record for the month of November

My Daily Time Record for the month of December


Date
Activities
Experiences
Strategies/Methods/
Techniques Observed
Learning Insights
Sept. 4, 2017
Deployment of the Student Teachers in their corresponding school.
Sept.
5 & 8, 2017
It is the first time that
I went to my cooperating school together with other ST in Social Studies. My cooperating teacher was Sir Jayson Perez, a Teacher in Grade 10. He let me first to familiarize the students in different sections that he handled.
I observe how my CT maintain the discipline by simply not making a commotion to make the students to stop talking. He just be quiet waiting for the students to recognize their noise.

Also, I observed how my CT taught the subject matter in a simplest way which is a graphic organizer.
Those strategies were very useful for me as a starting student teacher. I don’t any background in my cooperating school. I transferred from Lipana to Vocational.
Sept.
6 & 7, 2017
National Career Assessment Examination
For Grade 7 and Grade 10
Sept. 11-15, 2017
School Intramurals (September 11) and remaining days were announced as NO CLASSES
Sept. 18 & 19, 2017
No Classes
(Due to a bomb threat)
Sept.  21 & 22, 2017
Due to a long day without classes, me and my CT divides which sections I will going to handle for about 4 months. Having a little information about the sections, he helps me to choose which section will jive into my personality.
To the class I were assigned, I observed their behavior good behavior and warm welcome as their student teacher in AP 10.
I feel the sense of belongingness that makes me more excited to handle the section that I was assigned.
Sept.  25-27, 2017
TECHNOLYMPICS
Sept.  28, 2017
First time that I handled classes. A little bit nervous but excited. Sir Jayson observed how well is my teaching style. He assessed me on how I execute my topic. 
I adapt the teaching style of my CT which is a graphic organizer.
I find it easy and best for students because it process ideas in a linear manner.
Sept.  29, 2017
Different section but the same feeling. I taught and I was observed.
The assessment to my first teaching in those sections was good enough as a starting ST.
Voice modulation; possess mastery of the subject matter and talks a little bit fast.
Oct.
 2, 2017
I taught about Globalization in different perspectives like economics, political and a little about OFW.
Teaching Contemporary Issues is a tough one. Although, I knew a little about it, it is more than searching for other information that are useful to relate those subject to students.
Relying only on module is a wrong choice. You should search and find other reliable references for better understanding of subject.
Oct.
5 & 6, 2017
My CT gave a quizzes to the different sections that we handled.
He didn’t prepare any quizzes on the paper. He just announced that day and gave the quizzes that is impromptu.
I was amazed and little bit of confused if that technique was good to adapt. Although students got good scores.
Oct.
 9-13, 2017
Just like days that I taught them lesson. Sometimes I was being observed by Sir. Giving me nervous but after that hearing improvements on teaching style that I used.
Graphic organizer is a style I adopted on my CT. He also said to me that for him the content first before everything. If you already master the content the strategies follow.
For me, it is a good idea knowing the content and mastering it make a great difference on strategies first before content.
Oct.
 23 & 24, 2017
No Classes
But still I am present for keeping update on the students record.
Filling student’s activities and quizzes for teacher is a tremendous work. It need space and time to be checked keep and recorded. But Sir Jayson record it every vacant time he had like Tuesday and Thursday.
Record as early as possible all the students work for them not to be stack. It is a tremendous work for teacher.
Oct.
26, 2017
Gave an activity that strengthen students learning on the topic.
We let the 45 minutes for the students to finish a paper activity. We let them figure out how to answer the question with a guidance on part they are being confused.
Discovery Approach
Letting students answer is letting them learn what they knew about the topic.
Oct.
 27, 2017
Discussion and Quiz
Teaching Araling Panlipunan is not only focusing on one discipline. Look like a web that are connected to the other discipline. You may tackle economics, humanities, local history and other branches of social sciences.
Being a teacher in Araling Panlipunan you should be jack of all trade. You should know other branches of Social Science. You should learn researches. It is a tough one but I am challenge by these reason.
Nov. 3, 2017
Finalization of students grade for the 2nd Grading
Help Sir Jayson finalize the grades of the students we handled.
Keeping in touch of records and in class is a great strategy. You may know who is performing and not and who didn’t pass any activity at all.
Nov.  6-10, 2017
College of Education Week
50th Year Celebration
Nov. 16,2017
Firs teaching in 3rd grading. Our topic is all about Sex and Gender and Its Issue.
The sections that I have handled relate on the topic because there are students that are part of the so called third sex. Teaching this kind of topic is a tough one as we discussed it with Sir Jayson. You should have a cautious and open minded to avoid biases and discrimination

Yes, I noticed it hard to teach but then being AP major you are eliminating the discrimination on those issue. You should liberate not to corrupt the students mind.
Nov. 20, 2017
Gave an activity which nature is interviewing people that are part of LGBT
This activity for better understanding the state of LGBT in the Philippines.
Giving those kind of activities helped to extent the knowledge of students to information to a real life situation.
Nov.  21, 2017
Video Presentation
(Gender Roles)
Using technology brings impact on class it connect the room to the different learning that the presentation is intended to.
Video and other forms of multimedia that are intellectual must share to class. It promotes learning and being up to date by 21st century learners
Nov.  23 &24, 2017
I taught the Gender Roles of men and women in the Philippine history.
Exposing the truth to every students is kind of liberating their minds what happen to the gender on the different series of history in the Philippines. Giving them what they intended to learn.
There is part of my discussion that they were shocked because of the information that I shared to them. Through that I think they learn from me, mark at their minds.
Nov.  27, 2017
I discussed the History of LGBT. Pass the activity(interview) that we gave.
Giving them motivation help them arouse their interest on the topic.
Yes, it is a big help motivating them, giving them compliments to their answer and efforts make them more believe in their selves.
Nov.  28, 2017
Prepare for the upcoming final demonstration and did a dry-run.
Student’s interaction, Good budgeting of time and don’t be nervous were the feedback I heard after the dry-run.
These feedback are needing to be make up to be a better teacher someday.
Nov.  29, 2017
Final Demonstration Teaching
There are comment and clarification as the observer and supervisor told me. But all in all it was good.
Those comments and suggestion making you a better teacher.
Dec. 4, 2017
Discussion and Activity
(Gender Roles of different community in different parts of the world)
This lesson tackles some sensitive parts. But still I continue to teach it because I think they are capable enough as grade 10 to knew this kind of lesson.
Grade 10 students is already in mature to discussed some sensitive kind of discussion. It is teachers’ prerogative how to teach those kind of lesson.
Dec. 11-15, 2017
END OF PRATICE TEACHING
Giving thanks to those who helps us on our journey as ST and surrendering the books and materials that we borrowed and used.

Comments